Posted on

Using moisture absorbers to make your home moisture-free and safe for everyone is the best thing you can do for your family.

The first time you ever run across the term “moisture absorbers,” you might think, “What in the world are those?” Well, the answer is simple. Moisture absorbers are gadgets and other products meant to reduce moisture and keep mold from growing in a premise.

Mold grows and flourishes in home’s humid areas, such as kitchen, bathroom, and basement. Although mold naturally grows outdoors and is actually helpful due to destroying decay, dying stuff, and so on, you don’t want it to grow inside of your premises. Mold has a terrible smell and can be really dangerous for health due to releasing respiratory irritants, mycotoxins, and allergens into the air breathed by you and your loved ones. Room moisture absorbers will help you get rid of mold in your home. Using different products that absorb moisture will protect you and your family from unhealthy effects of this uninvited guest.

Silica Gel

Silica gel is an effective way to reduce moisture. It is not actually a gel, but rather a solid beady or grainy substance. Silica gel is normally put into airproof containers to absorb moisture and prevent their contents from destruction. Since this gel is poisonous, it shouldn’t be swallowed. To make sure that the gel doesn’t get consumed, manufacturers normally place a warning on its package. Silica gel is quite expensive, so it is not normally used in large objects, like humid basements and storages.

Clay Absorbers

If you are thinking of cost effective ways to absorb dampness, clay absorbers are not the best options. Clay absorbers can actually make mold grow in your house. Usually, clay bricks are used to absorb dampness and are assumed to prevent mold’s growth. The volume of moisture that clay is able to absorb is rather small, comparing to other means, thus they aren’t advised for areas with high levels of humidity. Charcoal and coal absorb dampness too, pretty much like clay.

Calcium Chloride Absorbers

Calcium chloride most cost effective and efficient absorbers of moisture on the market. Due to its high absorbent features, calcium chloride is used in extremely humid areas. It is normally used in shipping products and is very effective in keeping them dry for the entire trip. The substance is amazingly efficient in damp kitchens, cabinets, closets, and basements.

Moisture absorbers can keep your house dry and safe from mold. If you choose the right absorber, you will effectively reduce the humidity and ability for mold to grow.